I am looking forward to another a fabulous summer program full of Musical Theater Repertoire! It is so rewarding to watch all rise to the occasion with learning repertoire in a short period of time and perfecting it enough to perform! What proof that doing a summer program is so worthwhile! Every year I watched timid singers grow by leaps and bounds in confidence, mastering hard repertoire, friendships blossoming between those who already know each other and brand new friendships being formed.
Why is the concentrated format of a summer program so beneficial?
-The concentration of longer lessons for just a few weeks makes everyone work harder.
- Much practice must happen in between lessons to master technique (breathing, phrases, and pitches) and to advance to the next phase of the song.
- Focus on the lyrics really enhanced the understanding that we are communicating when we sing.
- Masterclass work on acting emphasizes expression &how we must feel the emotion of the song.
- Dance workshop made everyone more comfortable moving in general.
- Masterclass work helps make all more comfortable with one another.
- Shorter span of time between first starting a song and performing it really creates a spark to practice and make it the best it can be.
- Keeps the singing voice working.
- Focused time can be spent working on singing without extra pressures of the regular school year.
No matter the exact format, a concentrated music program is so beneficial in the summer months! Watch these clips on YouTube to see what can happen! Astonishing from Little Women
Keep on Singing!
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Great post! No fluff, straight to the point and so fact-filled it’s hard to comment without repeating the point you’ve already made.ReplyDelete
Read my Latest Post