Why is the concentrated format of a summer program such as the Summer Musical Theater Series so beneficial?
-More intense time focused on singing is a lot of fun!
-The concentration of longer lessons for just a few weeks makes everyone work harder and see progress faster!!
- Much practice must happen in between lessons to master technique (breathing, phrases, and pitches) and to advance to the next phase of the song.
- Focus on the lyrics really enhanced the understanding that we are communicating when we sing.
- Masterclass work on acting emphasizes expression &how we must feel the emotion of the song.
- Dance workshop made everyone more comfortable moving in general. Get to know basic musical theater dance steps and sequences.
- Masterclass work helps make all more comfortable with one another and get to know others who like to do what you like to do. AND the more often you perform, the better you become!!
- Shorter span of time between first starting a song and performing it really creates a spark to practice and make it the best it can be.
- Keeps the singing voice working over the summer. Remember what its like to stop a sport for 3 months and then start again? Avoid the backslide and keep singing!!
- Focused time can be spent working on singing without extra pressures of the regular school year.
Give it some serious thought and sign up today! Full Program and NEW Partial Program with a la Carte workshops!
Outside of the area? Sign up to do programming ONLINE. Find out more about summer music programs, especially those that focus on developing your individual talents. Happy Singing!
Post a Comment