Tuesday, September 15, 2020

"Good Educators Share Knowledge. Great Educators Make an Impression That Stays in Their Students Hearts Forever." Part 2 of 5

 











It is beyond imagination the impact that a teacher can have on a child.  Last week I challenged you to thank a teacher and also to think about a teacher who impacted you and why.  Teachers are working even harder in this year of 2020 to do what they love, TEACH, and shape lives.  They are met with added challenges and still persevere.  Yes, I am a teacher too and realize why.  It is partly because of the teachers who taught me.

There are many teachers who have greatly impacted a life that stick out to me from an article I recently read:

A high school English teacher impacted the life of one of her students and encouraged her writing.  She is  now famous author.  The author has thanked the teacher in many of her prologues.  Without the teachers words and encouragement, she would not of set the goal to be an author.

The caring nature of a 10th grade teacher towards a child who lost their parents gave the student the courage and drive to attend school and be one of the first in their family to go to college.  The teacher became a reason for the student to show up to class and do well when the child thought there was no longer a reason to do so.  He gave him a purpose and to know someone was counting on him.

These examples may seem severe or out of the ordinary, but they happen everyday.  Who were the teachers that impacted you?  Did you thank them yet?

As I reflect on my teachers who had the biggest impact on me, I am reminded of the life lessons they taught me and want to share a few who stand out to me:

Thank you, Mr. Bob Wilkey, my 5th grade teacher.  He helped me through some struggles during that year.  He believed in me and gave me courage to believe in myself and my strengths.  He and I have kept in touch over the years.  I know he has done the same for countless students.  

Thank you to my first voice teacher, Pat Conrad, who also believed in me and fostered my talents.  She showed me the joy of singing and love of helping others to learn to sing at their best.  It was so valuable to me I decided I wanted to do the same.  I continued to return to her for years to come and sang with her for many more.  I think of her often as I teach and all she taught me.

YOU as a teacher make a difference.  YOU as a student are impacted and YOU as a student also give teachers the motivation to do what they do.  We all give energy to one another.  Keep it positive and share your positive influencers.


No comments:

Post a Comment