10 Top Things to Take Care of Yourself and Your Singing Voice
1. Good Hygiene- Wash your hands and don't touch your face
2. Drink 8-10 glasses of water (or non-caffeinated beverage) a day
3. SLEEP at least 8 hours every night!
4. Exercise 3-5 times a week to keep up your immune system
5. Reduce Medicines - Use nasal saline spray first, medicines last
6. Sing Well - good posture, breath support, and sing in correct range
7. Speak Well - Support your speech as if you are singing, minimize talking, don’t
yell over loud noise!
8. Practice Everything in Moderation (Singing and Speaking and Activity Level)
9. Pay attention to your body signals. If it doesn't feel good, don't do it!
10. Find time for a little relaxation and de-stressing time!
Your body knows what it is saying. If you take care of it and listen to it, you can make it through the allergies and stress and not get sick thus preserving your wonderful singing voice! Keep singing!