It is a great time to work on your singing or any of the trio of talents! Sign up to take voice lessons or a Musical Theater Singing Series, audition for a summer production, pick up dance or acting lessons.
- You or your child have a little more free time (school is out or you have summer hours).
- There is more time to schedule something that might not fit into your school year.
- There is more time to practice.
- It can give structure to an otherwise unstructured time.
-It will keep you motivated to work on your goals.
- It will increase your chances of attaining those goals during the school year (get into a select choir, get a lead in the play, get a music scholarship for college)
- Many summer opportunities combine singing, acting, and dancing with an emphasis on one of the three.
- You can pick up something new or something that you know you need to work on. (ie you are a dancer who know she needs to sing better in order to get the lead in the next musical).
- Summer programs are often an intensive concentration on a subject.
- It builds your confidence as a performer and a person.
-It is fun!
Give it some serious thought and sign up for something now! Click here to find out more about summer music programs. Happy Singing!