Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What do YOU like the most about singing lessons? A Q and A with students!

There are always on-going questions in a singing teacher's mind about his or her students.  Mine are: What is your favorite part of taking singing lessons?  and How had taking singing lessons changed your goals for singing or how you think about singing?   I thought I would poll a random number of my students (various ages and ability levels) to find out the answers!



What is your favorite part of taking singing lessons?  

-My favorite part of singing lessons is working on songs, and making break throughs with my technique.

-Improving in general

-Learning new songs (from musicals) that I do not know

-Extending my vocal range


 How has taking singing lessons changed your goals for singing or how you think about singing?

-I’m now more aware of using support in singing and keeping vowels open

-I feel more confident going into an audition because I always feel prepared

-**Singing isn’t something you are super-focused on when performing, it is more of a state of mind that lets the music carry you!

-Lessons have showed me that learning to sing is an activity that requires learning many different pieces of technique and then putting them all together once you have committed them to (muscle) memory. 

Just as each singing voice is it's own unique instrument, the value of voice lesson to each singer is distinct and wonderful!  What you may already know well, may be brand new to someone else.  Singing lessons enhance your voice, mind, and body.  What do you like the most about singing lessons or teaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment