It cannot be said enough times, TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY and PRACTIC GOOD HYGIENE! No matter where you go you can pick up a bug that can make the busy holiday performance season rough.
What are the top 10 things you can do to prevent getting sick and get through it if you do?
1. Wash your hands and keep hands away from your mouth and face.
2. Get enough sleep. (At least 8 hours a night)
3. Drink lots of water. Aim for 64 oz per day.
4. Eat well. You are what you eat.
5. Exercise in moderation (it will help get the germs out!)
6. Take Vitamin C, Echinachea, or a cold remedy like Zicam.
7. Use nasal saline spray. First thing in the morning and before you go to sleep.
8. Put a humidifier in your bedroom.
9. Gargle with salt water.
10. Save it for performing: Minimize talking and practice mentally as best you can if you do catch a cold.
More tips on keeping a healthy voice found at http://bit.ly/PXIRSk. Allergy tips http://bit.ly/TLuQHi.
What are your top tips for staying healthy in this busy singing season?