Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Summer Musical Theater!
Why is the concentrated format of a summer program so beneficial?
-The concentration of longer lessons for just a few weeks makes everyone work harder.
- Much practice must happen in between lessons to master technique (breathing, phrases, and pitches) and to advance to the next phase of the song.
- Focus on the lyrics really enhanced the understanding that we are communicating when we sing.
- Masterclass work on acting also helps emphasize expression and know we must feel the emotion of the song.
-Dance workshop made everyone more comfortable moving in general.
-Masterclass work helps make all more comfortable with one another.
- Shorter span of time between first starting a song and performing it really creates a spark to practice and make it the best it can be.
- Keeps the singing voice working.
-More focused time can be spent working on singing without extra pressures of the regular school year.
No matter the exact format, a concentrated music program is so beneficial in the summer months! Watch these clips on YouTube to see what can happen! Astonishing from Little Women and If I Were a Bell from Guys and Dolls
Keep on Singing!